Sunday, June 24, 2012

happy sunday

So I've been blessed with two wonderful days.

I was in the climbing gym for a good 3 or so hours and tackled my first 5.10a
(believe me, for a girl with next to no upper body strength whatsoever, this is no small feat!)

Then went to make some amazing banana chocolate chip muffins to share with roommates.

Then finished off by going to dinner and seeing "Brave" with a friend from last year.

But today, Sunday, I was reminded about how incredible our gospel is and how much my testimony has grown.  I am in a "Teachings of the Living Prophets" class this summer, which includes quite a bit more reading and studying than I had anticipated, but instead of being worn down by all the assignments and the talks, I am finding that I actually look forward to reading the words of our prophets, apostles and other leaders.  They are so inspired.

I am also in a class about the Doctrine and Covenants (for those of you who don't know, this is a book of modern revelations given to Prophets about how to set up and run certain aspects of our church....that's probably not an adequate description, but if you have any other questions, I invite you to follow the link on my "I do believe" tab).  In this class I am having a similar experience, where I am excited to read and gain a more complete knowledge, understanding, and respect for Joseph Smith, Brigham Young, and many of the early prophets of our day.

Today at church in Relief Society (our womens meeting), a girl I have not yet become acquainted with shared a beautiful lesson about remaining faithful and keeping an eternal perspective in the easy and difficult times in our lives, and I think that is so important. 

I've recently started learning the piano music for this song and practiced it a little more today. I know I've shared this link before, but take a few minutes today to listen  and reflect on all the wonderful things that exist in your life thanks to our Heavenly Father. You don't have to share my religious beliefs, but I am absolutely certain that we all have things to be thankful for.


All my love, B.

3 comments:

tiff@thecoffeehouse said...

I played piano for about 8 years ... then quit. I would LOVE to get back into it ... I would love to play this song in particular. :)
so glad you're having an awesome little Sunday! the gospel is good! ;)

Brooke @ Silver Lining said...

Love this song :) I'm glad you had such a great weekend.

Unknown said...

i'm glad you're loving your religion classes this term - i TAd for both of those classes during spring and it made me want to take them! i'm thinking during fall :) who do you have for a professor?