Tuesday, June 26, 2012

sometimes best friends leave for 2 years

Today was for the most part pretty slow
Slept in (whoops)
Did some homework reading
Went to my last class of the week (and it's only Tuesday! The rest are canceled-summmmmmerrr YAY!)
Studied for a bit
Went to try on gear at the climbing gym and realized quickly that I have a nice $200 charge coming soon. (Sorry mom-it's cheaper in the long run than blowing $5 on rentals every time I go in, right?)
Came home intending to do research work but then ended up watching Suits and fell asleep until now.

And then I realized one of my best, BEST friends is leaving on his 2-year mission to Ireland and Scotland TOMORROW.

Whenever a new friend leaves, it always seems like a far-off sort of thing that isn't actually happening until it DOES.  And then I start crying like a baby, like right now. 

It's always such a bittersweet thing when this happens.  I am so, so, SO proud of all of my friends who have lived their lives so wonderfully, so righteously, so gentleman-like, so worthily so that they can go out into the world and serve the Lord.  But then I realize I don't get to see them or really talk to these people that were just a phone call or skype call away for two years. And THEN I realize that I might not even see them for three or three and a half years, depending on if I end up serving my mission!

So here's to you, Elder Crosby.  I am so proud to call you my friend.

Go out there and serve the Lord with all your heart, but kind of hurry back, ok?

All my love, B.

5 comments:

Andy said...

but it's the best when they all start coming home. prooomise.

Sara said...

Hoping he has a safe mission and that when you get to see him again, it'll be amazing!

henning love said...

it is hard when a friend leaves temporarily isn't it?? and when you realize it the feelings hit you like a mack truck

Kirsten Wiemer said...

my little brother is leaving for the naval academy tomorrow, so i feel your pain girl. at least he is doing the right thing!

K

Kenj said...

Iv enever known anyone who has served a mission, I totally can understand the sadness. I hope everything goes well!