Thursday, April 7, 2011

Things.

I've realized I kind of branched off of my original plan of blogging (with the answering of a question off of THE LIST and the I wish/I'm glad segments and whatnot)


So I'm bringing it back!


Question of the day: List ten things we probably didn't know about you.


WELL....There's not a whole lot of things that nobody doesn't know about me, so the following is just a list of 10 things I feel like sharing this very second.


1) I injure myself constantly. Like on an hourly basis.


....I just realized I sound like a complete self-destructor by saying that. What I mean is that random things ALWAYS happen to me and I am constantly getting hurt by my actions. For example, literally 30 seconds ago. Sitting in this chair. I was getting up to go grab something from the bathroom, and I rolled over all of my toes! While I was still sitting.  Do not ask me how this happened, I have no idea. But let's just say that all 40 pounds of the chair plus all..........pounds of myself on my toe! So now it's a nice shade of purple.
Another example, I ran into the door walking into Book of Mormon today. Crunchy on me.
Yet another example. 2 weekends ago after watching "She's the man" with the roommates, I sit up on the bed, and I suppose I forgot that theres a very unstable shelf right above my head, so my entire upper body crashes into it and knocks EVERYTHING DOWN. So the entire shelf, as well as all the thousands of things that have made their home on top of it, all over me. 


...still have bruises. Yes. I get injured quite often.

2) I procrastinate. So hardcore.   This is the philosophy of my life, especially right now, as all of my motivation for the rest of the semester has all but disappeared.
(Sorry to steal the genius video you showed me today Holly, but it just fits so nicely.)

Speaking of procrastination....I have several biology assignments due tomorrow, and where am I instead? Blogger.

3) I. LOVE. THE. BOOK. OF. MORMON.
It has saved my life in several very literal, very personal ways. I am so grateful to be a member of this church.  I am not perfect, nobody is, but I would not trade this lifestyle for anything. Ever.

4) I listen to really swell (yes, swell.) music. I'm not kidding or just saying so.  Music (and searching for new stuff) is kind of my life.  I spend at least 200 bucks on itunes each year (unintentionally. I feel weird doing it illegally and itunes has a way of adding up before you know it) and I am a little bit obsessed with new and interesting sounds.

Ask me to make you a CD.  I guarantee you won't be disappointed.


5) I wish...I wish I wish I WISH I knew more about photography.  Based on previous blogposts, you can probably tell that I looooooooooove beautiful pictures.  I find them all over.  Stumbleupon, yayeveryday, and photo blogs.  I just wish I could take them myself.  That is a major goal of mine this summer.  Speaking of excellent photography....

















...couldn't help myself.

6) I'm pretty crafty. I like to decorate everything. My walls....

Honestly, please ignore the messy bed and the nice collection of water bottles on my shelf (the same one I knocked over and almost died from the other day)


My binders/notebooks....
Note: I also craftily combined all those images into 1...I'm cool.

My B.O.M. project!! I made this really sweet book, all about how much I love the hymns...With paper, glue, and ribbon...and PowerPoint, I ended up with a really amazing book I can keep forever!





And I would really, really, REALLY love to make these this summer to decorate my room this fall:





...anyway. moving on!

7) I have a really enormous somewhat romantic crush on Natalie Portman. 
...I mean really. Can you really blame me?

8) I am overly addicted to the following things:

Goldfish crackers, Taco chips, Craisins, Dark Chocolate Covered Acai berries, and Minute Maid Lite Lemonade. If there are not some of these always in my household in the future, it could very well put me in a state of panic.

9) It's been decided. Martha's Vineyard is where I will one day live.




Can you imagine why?? This is beautiful!!

9) I adore reading.


I have a list a mile long of things I need to read, always.  This school year has not been good to me as far as being able to have a good amount of time to dig in to a good book, but believe me, the joy I feel from doing so is incredible. 

THEFAVORITESLIST:
  • The Screwtape Letters- C. S. Lewis
  • Man's Search for Meaning- Victor Frankl
  • Looking for Alaska-John Green
  • The Perks of Being a Wallflower-Stephen Chbosky
  • Harry Potter (nobrainer)
    • In order: 7, 4, 6, 3, 1, 5, 2
  • The Hunger Games (yes)
  • Plain Truth-Jodi Picoult
  • The Count of Monte Cristo-Alexandre Dumas
  • The Road-Cormac McCarthy
  • Angels and Demons-Dan Brown
  • several, several others.
THECURRENTTODOLIST:
  • Atonement-Ian McEwan
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society-Trenton Lee Stewart
  • Some Girls: My Life in Harem-Jillian Lauren
  • East of Eden-John Steinbeck
  • The Kite Runner (and sequel)-Khaled Hosseini
  • The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo-Stieg Larsson
  • Into The Wild-John Krakauer
  • A Brief History of Time-Stephen Hawking
  • For Whom The Bell Tolls-Ernest Hemingway
  • Blindness-Jose Saramago
  • Le Petit Prince-Antoine de Saint ExupĂ©ry
  • Nineteen Minutes-Jodi Picoult
  • The Glass Castle-Jeannette Walls
  • The Book of Mormon in French
Any other suggestions much appreciated :)

I just have to say though....I hated Pride and Prejudice. I love classic English literature, but that book was so...SO dull.

10) I have these strange little fears and quirks that I can never really explain. 
Par example:

  • I am unbelievably terrified of getting kidnapped.  I honestly think I may have gotten snatched up as  kid, forgotten about it, and then my parents never told me or something because I am looking over my shoulder almost constantly.  Just in case.
  • I can't sleep at night unless conditions are perfect.
  • I can't sleep at night, generally.
  • I spend far too much money
  • I can multitask like a pro. Whenever I do homework, you better believe I've also got some Netflix Instant-play action going on the other half of the computer screen.
  • Last, and MOST IMPORTANTLY. Don't ever touch my wrists. Ever.You ever wonder why I wear 2873498 bracelets? To keep other things away.

I wish........the semester was over.  That's honestly all I can say. Like I mentioned before...motivation...gone.
I'm so very glad...I met Brother Griffin this year. And I cannot wait to take New Testament from him this coming fall.

FYI: (new abbreviation of For Your Inspiration)
It so is....lifting others up always has a way of coming back and lifting you up as well, spread the smiles today :)

Allmylove, B.

No comments: