Thursday, March 22, 2012

My apologies in advance.

Just so we're clear, it's 34 days before I leave for Paris.

34!!

Which basically means that everything I think, breathe, sleep, eat and do is probably going to have at least something to do with France. 

Exhibit A: My last post.  Go listen to that song.  Go now.  Go.

Exhibit B: This post.

Monday night in Humanities, we spent learning all about major works in Impressionism, the most recognizable painting style in more recent French history.  

Now, I never really considered myself an art history enthusiast, but how can you not be interested in this when 
a) you have an impending 7 week trip to France just over a month away, and
b) when these paintings are so beautiful?

Some examples, (taken from various places on google images)

Renoir:
(look at these colors!)


Rodin's take on "The Thinker"
(so beautiful-there's another version of this that I can't find that he added to the top of this huge sculpture called, "The Gates of Hell" that was supposed to serve as an entrance to a French government building-a little morose, but still beautiful.)

Camille Claudel-The Waltz
(Something about this, I don't know if it's the language or their body language, it is seriously one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen-and I've only seen pictures!! If anybody knows where this is displayed, I would love love love to know!)

And finally, last but not least of course, the one and only Claude Monét.
What. An. Inspiration. My blog banner is actually one of his paintings, and I love it.  
I love it!



So.  Just 34 days until the Musée d'Orsay and l'Orangerie and most importantly,

THE LOUVRE!

Ahhh. Can't think! Can't do finals! Can't do anything but think about France!

And now I'm sitting in here, doing this post about art and listening to my Rachmaninov station (not french, but still) and feeling all classy and stuff.  The only thing missing is some starbucks and a handsome french man sitting next to me. 

Oh well, back to reality.

All my love, B.

No comments: