Sunday, November 20, 2011

avoiding.

It's 12:04 a.m. and I'm avoiding writing the next 4 pages of my Food Economy paper for Writing 150 at all costs.  Mostly because I'm afraid of it, but it MUST be done before I'm allowed to sleep.  This is what I've done:


1. Church (Blessings? Good grade?)
2. Saturday Night Live (I will henceforth have the most enormous crush on Jason Segal, if I didn't already.)
3. 4 hour nap. Yes. 4.
4. Thanksgiving before Thanksgiving.
5. Watch Anastasia (More like, try to outdo the TV volume with my own reenactments of every song)
6. Ward prayer (more blessings?)
7. The internet
8. Boy talk with the twins. 
9. Shower.
10. This.
11. See below




I'm ashamed at myself. And now to put the cherry on top, here's one of those lamezord "about me" quiz things.  Don't even read it.  Seriously. But I can't write this paper.  So I'm doing this instead.


All my love, B.


STOP HERE FOR REAL.






Describe your perfect date in 15 words or less:
Literally any date. <----- (3 word=owned).

Cat person or dog person?
Beta fish person.

Least favorite movie genre?
Westerns or slashers.

Second favorite book?
Tough. I would say since all 7 Harry Potters fall under the same category as #1...The Screwtape Letters, and any other book I could potentially read by C.S. Lewis.

Dessert of choice?
Ice cream.  Or Molten Chocolate cake from Chilis.  I can eat that thing shamefully fast with a friend and 35 seconds.

Favorite season?
Autumn. Especially the smell of autumn. Or summer. Wanna be beach bum.

Favorite activity to do in aforementioned season?
Wearing cozy things and pretending Christmas is always next week. (autumn) Picnics, wearing fedoras and pretending I know how to play the ukulele. (summer)

What kind of music do you listen to?
Indie-chill or dubstep. Get that country crap away from me.

Are you more of a city person or a country person?
Ooh. I would love to live really close to a big city so I can visit whenever I want, but far enough away to see the stars at night. How poetic. Those places only exist in movies.

If you could have lunch with any person from past or present, who would it be and what would you order?
Coco Chanel. Or Gordon B. Hinckley...and probably pizza.

What are three things that set you apart/make you different from the rest of the girls in Provo?
1. I'm a Texan but I have next to no Texas pride.
2. Getting married is the backup plan to a mission...NOT the other way around.
3. I'm terrible at flirting. Awful.  I think native Utah'ns (eh?) learn it in school or something. I'm at a loss.

Are you a clever person? i.e. if I take you to the murder mystery dinner, will you be a useful addition to my mystery-solving team?
Absolutely not.  I will effortlessly solve any sudoku puzzle you set in front of me, but any time I watch a mystery show the ending takes me by complete surprise.

What are you most passionate about?
I refuse...REFUSE...to judge other people before I know the situation.  That is NOT my place, or yours, or my parents' or your parents' or anyone else's place.  Accept people even if it's not exactly what you agree with.  If they're not offending you personally, or anyone else, no harm done.  Let God do the rest.  I'll stop there, because I could literally argue this point for hours.

What is your favorite scripture and why?
2 Nephi 1 changed my life.  It doesn't seem like that profound of a chapter, but I read it in the right place at the right time. 

If you were granted three wishes what would they be?
Go to France, Figure out exactly what I need to do with my life, Marry a J-Crew model.

What is the most adventurous thing you've ever done?
Roller-coastering, amusement park skydiving, rock climbing, bridge jumping.  I need to get out more.  Jeez.

What makes you laugh?
Anything and everything.

What is the silliest-sounding word you know?
...and he SLUNK to the fridge. SLUNK.

If a movie was made of your life, the soundtrack would consist mainly of songs by:
While trying to avoid sounding all tortured and hipster, it would definitely be Mumford and Sons or the Decemberists.  Mumford's album is the emotional musical version of my diary, and the Decemberists tell random stories, also included in my diary.  But on a lighter note, the entire Les Miserables soundtrack would be in there along with plenty of Celine Dion.

Height?
5'3".  If I wear heels, I become normal size.  But as wearing heels equates to a major life hazard to anyone within a twelve foot radius of me when I do, I'm doomed to be short.


Finished.
So...I'm starting to really, really, really hate not being sure of what I want to do with my life.  The only, even partially, sure things ahead are going to France in April and going to the CIA recruitment meeting in January with Laura.





Anyway.......I hope you didn't put yourself through that.  But if you did, and you're in Provo, you're guaranteed a date if you bring Ben & Jerry's Imagined Whirled Peace to my door.



No comments: