Wednesday, November 7, 2012

So there you have it.

So I don't know about you, but for me watching debates and elections is almost more exciting and cutthroat than football.  Especially in a presidential race this close.  Call me crazy, but I really love politics, even when they disappoint me. 
I won't go into some big political rant about how irresponsible and stupid Americans are for voting someone back into office who has already done so much damage, that's not what this blog is for.

I'll just leave it at that I was among those who became extremely disappointed in America last night, but...

I recognize that Americans, for the most part, exercised their right to vote, and therefore I will support the man that was elected into office for the next four years, with a prayer in my heart that he manages to turn things around.

That being said, I think everyone, regardless of either (or neither!) party you identify yourself with, could benefit from thinking about how far America has strayed from where we started.  I know I sure learned a big lesson.  

The opening scene of HBO's new series, "The Newsroom" says it best. One of my best friends Ashley posted it last night and it absolutely brought me to tears and got me really thinking.  Don't be put off by the title of the video, but listen to the message.  I know it's TV, but there is so much truth in his words. Greatest food for thought I've found in a long time.

All my love, B.

**NOTE: This SHOULD be the edited version of this video.  Apologies to anyone who may have watched the heinous swearing in the version I put up first-got the wrong one, sorry!

4 comments:

Stefani said...

Well said! I feel like too many people have it in their head that America is invincible. We aren't and it's so damaging for us to believe that's true.

Everything that this clip said is absolutely right. We aren't "on top" by any statistical standards. There is so much that we as individuals can do to make this country stronger.

Definitely made me tear up...thank you so much for sharing this. Now I want to watch this show!

Nicole said...

minus the cursing. the awful awful cursing. GREAT. totally got chills

Nicole said...

aha i totally figured. with the reflections of Christ picture below it I guessed so. it was seriously a great video! dang HBO. and you are also super adorable!

Penda Penn said...

well, it is in 1 Tim that we ought to pray for those in authority so it will all go well with us :D anyway, i love your blog and i followed you~ hope you can follow back :D

lots of love love lovin'
www.ohpenda.com